Development 2 Campers at the 2013 Camp Walnut Showcase. Photo by Mark Garvin
DISCOVERY DIVISION for beginning students
The Discovery Division offers beginning students the opportunity to explore hidden talents, improve communication skills and ignite their imagination. Through theatre games and activities, campers learn improvisation, singing & vocal technique, dancing & stage movement and on-camera technique, all culminating in our Camp Walnut Showcase.
- Discovery 1 · Ages 8-11, Mon-Thur 9:30am-3:30pm · $895
- Discovery 2 · Ages 12-18, Mon-Thur 9:30am-3:30pm · $895
DEVELOPMENT DIVISON for intermediate students
In the Development Division the more advanced camper is challenged to develop a deeper understanding of the craft through class, rehearsal and a performance in the Camp Walnut Showcase. Advanced classes feature improvisation, acting technique, audition coaching, singing & vocal technique, dancing & stage movement and on-camera technique.
- Development 1 · Ages 8-11, Mon-Thur 9:30am-3:30pm · $995
- Development 2 · Ages 12-18, Mon-Thur 9:30am-3:30pm · $995
PERFORMANCE DIVISION for advanced students
The Performance Division is for our most experienced campers. Campers will receive intensive instruction and perform in a production in the Walnut's Studio Theatre.
- Musical Theatre · Ages 10-18, Mon-Thur 9:30am-4:30pm · $1,495
- Theatre Performance · Ages 10-18, Mon-Thur 9:30am-4:30pm · $1,495
For more information on Camp Walnut and/or to receive a brochure, please:Theatre School page for information about great fall and spring, and summer classes.